Technical Specs. Plot Summary.
The Old South,The New South, and The Neutered South
Plot Keywords. Parents Guide. External Sites. User Reviews. User Ratings. External Reviews. Metacritic Reviews.
- How the American South Drives the Low-Wage Economy.
- LSU Press :: Books - Old South, New South?
- BUY 1 FAKE 1.
Photo Gallery. Trailers and Videos. Crazy Credits. Alternate Versions.
Rate This. Director: Gary Leva. Writer: Gary Leva.
- Largo Winch - Volume 5 - See Venice…?
- Hand And Forearm Exercises: Grip Strength Workout And Training Routine.
- The South after the Civil War;
- Introducing Regular Expressions: Unraveling Regular Expressions, Step-by-Step?
- Relationships in our 50s, 60s and beyond – How yours can survive and thrive.
- Atlanta, Cradle of the New South | William A. Link | University of North Carolina Press?
- Get a free gift and Abbeville Institute articles delivered to your inbox.?
Stars: John Berendt , Rubye J. Photos Add Image Add an image Do you have any images for this title?
Old South, New South: Revolutions in the Southern Economy Since the Civil War
Edit Cast Credited cast: John Berendt Himself Rubye J. Herself Kathleen Clark Herself James C. Himself Lolis Eric Elie Himself David Goldfield Himself Nettie Parker Narrator Randy J. LOG IN. In this Book.
Additional Information. After conquering Atlanta in the summer of and occupying it for two months, Union forces laid waste to the city in November.
See a Problem?
William T. Sherman's invasion was a pivotal moment in the history of the South and Atlanta's rebuilding over the following fifty years came to represent the contested meaning of the Civil War itself. The war's aftermath brought contentious transition from Old South to New for whites and African Americans alike.
Historian William Link argues that this struggle defined the broader meaning of the Civil War in the modern South, with no place embodying the region's past and future more clearly than Atlanta. Link frames the city as both exceptional--because of the incredible impact of the war there and the city's phoenix-like postwar rise--and as a model for other southern cities. He shows how, in spite of the violent reimposition of white supremacy, freedpeople in Atlanta built a cultural, economic, and political center that helped to define black America.
Project MUSE - Atlanta, Cradle of the New South
Table of Contents. Cover Download Save. Title page, Copyright, Dedication Download Save. Contents p.
Related OLD SOUTH, NEW SOUTH, NO SOUTH
Copyright 2019 - All Right Reserved